IT Infrastructure Specialist at African Sales Company
The role of the IT Infrastructure Team Leader is to plan, organize and manage IT support staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes the development, maintenance, support and optimization of key functional areas, in particular network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, backup strategies and telecommunications systems. The Infrastructure Team Leader will also plan and direct activities to resolve hardware and software issues in a timely and accurate manner.
Departmental administration / Team leader:
- Liaise with senior management by communicating on IT systems and current project status.
- IT project management.
- Lead the technical team through: staff performance reviews, regular department meetings, facilitating and promoting staff professional development, and facilitating communication with the HR department.
- Assist with case-specific information systems project requirements and development of ERP system reports as per business requirements using SQL Analysis Services, SQL Reporting Services, and Syspro Reporting Services, through l through certified consultants and authorized resellers.
- SYSPRO License, Enterprise Maintenance, System Configuration, Security, Data Integrity, Reporting and Operations.
- Liaise with external consultants for operational ERP/IT systems and their integration.
- Ensure the integrity of SYSPRO data.
- SQL script, backup and maintenance.
- Implementing and Maintaining SQL Analysis Services
- Management and maintenance of the HP MSA SAN infrastructure.
- Maintenance of Hyper-V virtualization systems, data integrity and business continuity.
- Data management of ERP and WMS systems.
Network management and general security
- Daily network administration, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Maintenance of internal network equipment and VOIP telephony solutions.
- O365 setup, management and support
- User support on various client hardware and software.
- Server and client maintenance, hardware and software.
- Network security, both internal and external using: AD-integrated WSUS deployments for critical system patches, internet/email usage monitoring and abuse reporting, policy enforcement end-user computing and proactive preventative measures such as spam filtering and firewall rules.
- Management of network infrastructure and equipment using FortiNet hardware, Forti Analyzer and Forti Manager.
- Assist in the design, maintenance and periodic testing of the DRP master plan
- Assist in the design and maintenance of backup infrastructure.
- Implementation and maintenance of IT security policies (physical and data access).
- Maintain existing license agreements and find new ones for various software products (MS, Symantec, Syspro, etc.).
- Frequent network audits to expose current vulnerabilities and network abuse.
- Network of storage areas
- Cisco switches
- Cisco Certifications
- Networks and infrastructure
- local network
- VPN management
- Cisco routers
- HP Procurve
- Cisco VPN
- sonic wall
Desired work experience:
- 2 to 5 years Systems / Network Administration
Desired level of qualification:
Employer and Benefits: