Job: Specialist, FCC Controls, Nigeria at Standard Chartered Bank
Reference number: 2200011700
Employee Status: Permanent
- Contribution to the design of the country/client operating model of the relevant FC and business processes.
- Support the Country Head, FC to ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the country/department for the necessary FC work.
- Support the Country Head, FC to define and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the country/department, in line with the FC vision and strategy and in support of the strategic direction and the group’s growth aspirations.
- Support the Country Head, FC to analyze the overall impact of financial crime related regulatory issues on the relevant line of business and its operations.
- Support Country Lead, FC to ensure key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in-country), in coordination with cluster communications.
- Help relevant stakeholders make decisions based on current and future policies, practices and trends.
- Monitor and advise relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to CE.
- Support the Country Head, FC to resolve competing requirements between regulations, e.g. between AML regulations and data privacy/banking secrecy or information security regulations.
- Support the Chief, FC to develop, maintain and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, in accordance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Support the Chief, FC in providing governance and oversight of the implementation of FC related policies and procedures in the country to ensure compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Support the Head, FC in fulfilling his function as Process Owner for FC-owned processes and sub-processes within the group risk management framework, including the implementation and deployment of relevant processes and DOIs.
- Support Head, FC to provide guidance to relevant stakeholders on meeting the group’s financial crime compliance standards (AML, Sanctions and ABC).
- Support the Chief, FC to identify, analyze, escalate and put in place action plans to resolve risk issues.
People and Talents:
- Work with FC Leader and other team members to ensure team cohesion and high performance.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy-compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritization, deadline management, streamlined workflows, collaboration, effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Support the Country Head, FC to deliver the approved training program for the year.
- Ensure you have a clear understanding of your roles and responsibilities through regular engagement with the FC leader and other stakeholders.
- Support Chief, FC to maintain oversight of risk mitigation action plans.
- Support the Chief, FC to establish and maintain watch lists used for customer and transaction screening and various other due diligence and investigative purposes (local/regional internal and external).
- Head of Support, FC to provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (eg ORF, GRA).
- Support Head, FC assesses risks arising from products, segments, geographies, customers, transactions and escalates risk related issues.
- Notify Chief, FC/Head CFCC of serious regulatory violations (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and provide support in resolving identified risks.
- Ensure to anticipate horizontal risks in the area of financial crime that can have a significant impact on the business as a whole and help develop effective strategies to mitigate these horizontal risks.
- Support the Country Manager, FC to oversee customer review and analysis to identify and manage high risk customers, or specific country reviews.
- Support in tracking and correcting regulatory findings related to FC investigations.
- In the event of serious regulatory violations or when risk tolerances have been exceeded, ensure that the Chief, FC and Chief, CFCC are informed and that supportive actions are taken to quickly remedy the issues.
- Participate in discussions on lessons learned from audit findings, CF assurance activities and specific investigations and support the implementation of actions.
- Be sure to support the Chief, FC to track significant issues arising from FC metrics, FC assurance activities, audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure as needed.
- Be sure to support the Head, FC to analyze and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk/vulnerability and thus drive corrective action within the CFCC function.
Regulations and business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and respect the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest ethical standards, including regulatory and business conduct, throughout Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and complying, in letter and spirit, with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CFCC team in Nigeria to achieve the results set out in the Bank’s Principles of Conduct: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance issues.
- Integrate “Here for Good” and the Group’s brand and values in the country.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief, FC or the Chief, CFCC.
- Multiple functions (double hat) as required (general compliance function).
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- National Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
- Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC)
- Other relevant industry stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate
- Financial Crime Compliance Academy Certificate.