Technical Specialist (Level 2/3) (DBN) at Datafin Recruitment
SERVE as the highest technical escalation point with a dynamic managed IT service provider in Durban supporting the entire product lifecycle as the next technical specialist. In this critical role, you will consult, design, implement and provide training as you manage both planned installations and emergency customer support, accepting and resolving tickets while also assisting to the sales cycle if necessary. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience in the IT industry with extensive server experience in an IT support environment. You will also need VMware VCP (VMware Certified Professional) – VMware Expert (Understanding VMware Clustering and vSwitches), Windows Server, Exchange and Office 365 (Expert) – Must have at least a Windows Server 2016 MCSA or equivalent with configuration experience and troubleshooting problems, SAN experience (Expert) – After installing, configuring and troubleshooting and completing all internal and external training indicated in accordance with the individual personal development plan.
Ticket management –
- Review all assigned tickets and ensure the scope of the ticket is clearly understood.
- Ask for clarification if something is unclear.
- Properly record incidents and outages, categorizing and prioritizing them while ensuring you have a clear understanding of the problem.
- Monitor assigned duty roster, if applicable.
- Ensure all defects progress and are resolved within the SLA – escalating if necessary.
- Deal with incoming defects in a professional and courteous manner by phone and email.
- Efficiently manage customer expectations with timely updates and clear telephone communication with the customer’s designated point of contact throughout the support process.
- Important and urgent tickets are filed and categorized correctly and handled accordingly.
- Communicate critical level status to Account Management team at regular intervals.
- Accept tickets, if possible, to help eliminate queues.
- Coordinate all planned activities with the Service Coordinator.
- If it is necessary to be on site, ensure that all hardware, software and tools that may be required are in place before leaving for a client site.
- Complete all on-site work on schedule and arrange/confirm any schedule changes with the Duty Coordinator.
- Maintain accurate notes of all problem resolution activities in service tickets, including time logs.
- Verify that all necessary information has been captured on service tickets before processing for billing.
- Verify that all necessary information has been entered on service tickets before closing.
Technical specialist tasks –
- Complete the respective product lifecycle within the organization (consultation, design, implementation, training, support).
- Be the highest point of technical escalation within the company for the respective products.
- Own the respective certification responsibility for the respective products.
- Master the relationship with the supplier of the respective product.
- Be part of the decision-making team that decides what sells.
Proactive tasks –
- Perform routine proactive maintenance as needed.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first-time troubleshooting.
- Attend notifications from the designated RMM tool regarding issues with PCs before the customer realizes the problem.
- Actively seek the development of new products in the area of specialization.
Team work –
- Work with the team to ensure tickets are closed on time and queues are not cumbersome.
- Attend a weekly team meeting with the team and be ready to answer ticket questions.
- Update company knowledge base and documentation as information is acquired or as needed.
Customer relationship management –
- Always promote and represent the brand and the values of the company.
- Respond to customer requests as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Foster the development of strong relationships between the organization and customers.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction whenever possible.
- Take every opportunity to help your colleagues delight customers.
- Assist the sales team as needed and increase sales opportunities by recommending technical resolution when issues are systemic or chronic.
Additional Responsibilities –
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change based on business needs.
- All work must be completed in accordance with the work methods provided.
- VMware VCP (VMware Certified Professional) – VMware Expert (Understanding VMware clustering and vSwitches).
- Windows Server, Exchange and Office 365 (Expert) – Must have at least a Windows Server 2016 MCSA or equivalent – Experience with configuration and troubleshooting issues.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the IT industry, working with deep servers and in an IT support environment.
- SAN Experience (Expert) – After installing, configuring and troubleshooting.
- Completion of all internal and external training indicated in accordance with the individual personal development plan.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. AloneSouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.